views

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Vegan January: The Challenge

I have been researching what to do about my hip issue and how to age gracefully. Everything came back to weight and living a healthy lifestyle. So after about a month of research, I am giving it a try. I have been overweight most of my life and it has taken it's tole on my body. Now, with the issues I am having: as my mother used to say: It's time to "shit or get off the pot" and since the pot is losing my ability to walk and all the dignity involved with that, I am giving this a healthy shot!

Everyone in my family has been a vegetarian at one point of our lives. When I met my now ex-husband, he was vegetarian, my son became a vegetarian for a long while and for periods of her life so has my daughter. I always was the cook for them so, I know what to cook plus I really enjoy cooking!

I am giving this my best shot! Here's to my Health!!!

PS: I started yesterday and since I took all the diary out, I can breathe better. There is such hidden diary in foods. Although, I knew I was allergic to milk, it would slip in that way!

Here is a website to get you started on veganism.

http://happyherbivore.com/2012/01/new-year-new-you/

-e

No comments: