views

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Breakfast with the Biddies/Brunch with the Babes

This morning as I was getting ready to have Brunch with the BABES, I realized that I have Breakfast with the Biddies every Friday morning and Brunch with the BABES every once in a while. It is hard to get all the BABES together at one time. I live 1 to 1 1/2 away now from the BABES and we all have things going on in our lives.

Five years ago, I moved away from Charlotte to take this job. I decided then that I would give "it" five years and if I didnt like living here I would go job hunting once more. Well in that five years I have made new friends (and kept the old), tutor at a local church, joined the Quilt Guild, take Quilt classes, take College classes (for a license renewal), have Breakfast with the Biddies, have a friend at RoseGlen (our local retirement village), am on the Board of Head Start, hopefully will be on the Board of the Montessori school, am a member at the Y, have pool friends, quilt friends, old friends, new friends....wait for it! wait for it!!! Make new friends but keep the old, some are silver and some are gold!!!

Here are pictures of our today Brunch!!! Also, today was full of handmade gifts to ME!!!! Thanks BABES, I love them!

This is a quilt Jane made for her Toddler Montessori class's Gala which is a fund raiser for the school.
It's beautiful, Jane!

This is the hat that Suzanne made me. I let Debbie try it on..lol


And a few beautiful, gorgeous baby sweaters that Suzanne made. She is an incredible knitter!


And fingerless mittens made by Suzanne.


And this picture is for Susan (even though it's of Jane's house)


And Debby's hat:


I love you guys!

No comments: