views

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Five Years Ago

Five years ago, I move from the city of Charlotte NC, population in 2010 731,000 to a smaller county about 1 1/2 hours away. The population for the County I live in is 67,000 in 2010. The County is one of the largest county in the state, area wise but not population wise. The town I live in has 4000 people. I say this because after 5 years, I feel like I have made friends, developed better hobbies and know a lot of people especially for being a Long Island girl in small town North Carolina.

I am helping one of my new friends with her small wedding that we are doing a lot of the cooking for. Well, yesterday was practice cooking day. We were to make Raspberry eclairs and chocolate eclairs.

Our first batch was a dud so we tried again and decided to follow ALL the directions. The second batch came out really good. Then we moved on the the Chocolate Eclairs which used a different recipe and this one was even easier and better. So she decided we will make just that recipe for her wedding.

Here are a few pictures of our crazy cooking. The friend, Jenny, has been quilting most of her life and knows so much. After the wedding she is going to help me make a surprise gift for Melanie's birthday/graduation. Thanks so much Jenny!





No comments: