views

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Adventure to Maine

Off I go to Long Island to Denise's and then driving off to Maine. My day started out with a drive to the Greensboro airport which was uneventful. First air stop in Philadelphia where my flight to Islip was delayed because Air Force One came to Philly. I must say, it was rather cool to see Air Force One. That only delayed my flight for about 30 minutes, which wasn't too bad.

Friday morning, we woke up and drove to the Orient Point Ferry and put the car on the ferry to New London Connecticut. It was very nostalgic because I grew up on Long Island and had all these memories floating thru my head. Long Island is at or below sea level and my house is 1400 feet above sea level. Long Island is definitely my birth place and the beach and flat land is definitely my serenity yet I live in the foothills of North Carolina. There was so many memories and good feelings surrounding the trip to Orient Point.











I have taken the ferry from Long Island to Connecticut many times and each time I loved it and felt so at peace.

We landed in New London then drove about 4 hours to Freeport Maine. It wasn't a bad trip although there was so much traffic in Massachussets for some crazy reason (like maybe it't the fourth of July weekend)








We made it up to Freeport about 1pm and hit the stores. Not my favorite thing to do at all but I did a bit of shopping myself. This is like L L Bean Village: the main store, the discount store, the outdoor store, the home store and probably a few more. The whole time I was thinking how incredible it is that this one store feeds the local economy and was thankful that all these people have a job. Maine is one of the most beautiful states but there is little to no work, industry or much of anything else up here.



After some shopping, we set off to eat Lobster Dinner #1. We went to Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster

All I can say is YUMMMMYYYY!!!













Then back to shopping for Denise and I sat at LL Bean home listening to my book on tape. I was exhausted.

Watch out for what today brings!

No comments: