views

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Scrappy Quilt for Donation

I am still on the get rid of scraps kick and so far doing well.  Of course, I have a quilt to quilt and another one to finish but instead I am procrastinating and working on my mission of scraps.  Wilkes County Quilt Guild donates quilts to many different places.  One is the children's home where foster child go when necessary.  The guild gives every child a quilt to have with them for life.  There is a specific pattern for this quilt.  On Friday's I go to Breakfast with the Biddies ( with an older member of the guild and a few other people not guild related).  My favorite biddie suggested that in order to get my scraps used up to make a quilt for the children's home.  This is what I came up with:





It's a bit orange but not finished or near finished.  What amazes me is this is just from fabric that I had in my stash!

1 comment:

sue said...

I love orange and this quilt looks great already! It will make someone very happy.