views

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Scraps scraps and more scraps

I have been trying to do something with my scraps of fabric for about two years.  I tried sewing them all together, cutting them into squares and making a quilt.  I had gotten it mostly together, let is sit for a few months and then recently took it apart into all those 8 in squares.  And there they now sit.

We had Bonnie Hunter as our guest speaker for our last Quilt Guild meeting and since then I have been ironing, cutting and sewing scraps, scraps and more scraps.  I think I like the monotony of it all right now as I am still recuperating and energizing so I can be back to more normal soon.  (I go back to work in two weeks and I still tire easily)

Here are a few pictures of what my scrap collection was and then became.  Don't get me wrong!  I still have lots and lots and lots of scraps in my sewing room.  But I do feel like I made a dent in them!

Orange Half Square Triangles

Green Half Square Triangles

Scrap pile on the ironing board

Second Scrap pile

More two inch squares


What am I going to do with all this?  I haven't quite decided but I must say I am excited and going to continue to make more and more and more.....then I'll get back to you!

No comments: