views

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thank you Bonnie Hunter for my new addiction!!!

Our guild meeting had a guest last month, Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville and I now have a new addiction.  I looked at her Easy Street but because I recently had hip surgery and my attention span is still that of a flea, I decided to start easier then her Easy Street and just cut 2" squares and make 4 patches from them.  This was fun and easy and I saw how she said whenever you sew, always add a few 2" square sewing in to the beginning and end of whatever you sew.  She also said when you cut fabric for a quilt or project to finish cutting the piece.  I have done that and cut everything I can into 2" squares.

I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this and find it very relaxing....but now I have a bazillion 4 patches and I am not sure what I am going to do with them but I must say, that I love them and I love them together.

Here is an example of some that I just had to throw up on my design wall.



So THANK YOU BONNIE HUNTER!!!  I LOVE MY NEW ADDICTION!

3 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Bonnie asked on her blog this week for ideas of what to do with her huge box of 2" scraps and is getting quite a few good ideas, check it out!

Ellen said...

Sharyn: under which post did she ask that question? I looked under Easy Street and couldn't find it. Thanks for your help and suggestion!

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Looking Great!!!