views

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Today is a day of reflection for many people. The day that they make resolutions for the up and coming year. I would like to reflect back on this year and say the ten best things of 2010 in random order.

1. I visited Japan for 6 weeks. A friend got my ticket with frequent flyer miles and I sold a car for spending money. I felt thankful to have great people in my life.

2. My daughter and I reestablished our relationship and I am very happy about it.

3. I started working out at the Y to help my back and keep me walking.

4. While I was in Japan, I realized I loved my son's girlfriend, Monica. (I wanted to take her home with me)

5. I am finishing some of my UFO projects (it is still a slow process)

6. I became friends with woman older then myself. I have pool friends, quilt guild friends and I go to Breakfast with the Biddies on Fridays.

7. I have been decluttering my house.

8. Both of my children have applied to Graduate Schools of their choice.

9. I learned to live in another culture with the help of my son and his girlfriend. I got around by myself (sorta)

10. I have been at my job for 5 years now and still like it.

Here is a list of things I want to work on for the next year.

1. I need to increase my exercise
2. I want to lose weight
3. I want to finish unfinished projects
4. I want to make more money and feel more comfortable
5. I want to keep my confidence longer in all situations
6. I want to take a serger machine class
7. I want to take class on knitting socks
8. I want to declutter my house and have fewer pieces of furniture
9. I want to not feel alone or lonely
10. I want to stay healthy both physically and mentally

2 comments:

m. said...

Happy New Year Ellen!
I have butterflies about how awesome 2011 will be. I will be another step closer to being part of your family and I can't wait!
You know how much of an impact you had on me too. And I think we felt just as happy when you and Mel were peas and carrots again too.
2010 was like the time before Xmas and 2011 will be Xmas. Lots of surprises, maybe a little family drama, and lots of reunions!
Happy happy 2011.
I love you Ellen!

Ellen said...

Monica:

You are family already. You don't need a ring to show that! I hope there is no more family drama but lots of reunions, I will definitely take!

I love you too and can't wait to take you and Melanie to the Fabric Store. Say goodbye to Eric for a few days...lol